Xiamen Flights Guide
China has been closed to the outside world several times in its history, and every time it opens again, Xiamen, along with Hong Kong, is one of the main ports of entry. In the 1980s, Mao’s China finally allowed a number of cities to conduct free trade, and Xiamen was among them.
Today, it is a wealthy city that has a modern face. It might not be Hong Kong, but its skyscraper-studded downtown island hints at a future that might make the two cities like twins. Of the islands that make up the area, Gulangyu is the one to visit. A ferry brings visitors to the small island, from which the towering Koxinga Statue keeps vigil over the bay. Artists dot the quaint little historic streets, and there are no cars. Back at the ferry terminal, Zhonghstan Road is a pedestrian-only street that describes an urban development of modern structures replacing ancient ones. Some places are well-preserved, like the Nanputuo Temple, which is located beside the University, another good place to see old architecture. Elsewhere, the Hulishan Fortress is one of the dominant landmarks of the city, and after a vibrant night out on the town, one might enjoy the introspective peace that the cannon-packed fort grounds inspire.
Xiamen Gaoqui International Airport is the nearest air transit hub. Shandong Airlines, Xiamen Airlines, and China Eastern and Southern Airlines provide the bulk of the traffic, while a dozen others also have service here.
Flights to Xiamen
Historical Rates - A Guide Only.
Xiamen Travel Facts
- Xiamen, China connects to 180 airports worldwide.
- The shortest flight from Xiamen is 136 miles to Fuzhou on Xiamen Airlines.
- The longest flight from Xiamen is 5777 miles to Amsterdam on China Southern Airlines.
- Xiamen Airlines fly to 40 destinations including Zhuhai from Xiamen.
- Air China fly to 26 destinations including Zhuhai from Xiamen.
- China Southern Airlines fly to 19 destinations including Zhengzhou from Xiamen.
- Australia: Flights to Xiamen
- Go to the Gaoqi Airport Guide
Xiamen Airlines & Flight Schedules
- Xiamen Airlines fly from Xiamen to Beijing and 40 other cities including Zhuhai.
- Air China fly from Xiamen to Beijing and 26 other cities including Zhuhai.
- China Southern Airlines fly from Xiamen to Amsterdam and 19 other cities including Zhengzhou.
- Shandong Airlines fly from Xiamen to Changcha and 18 other cities including Zhuhai.
- China Eastern Airlines fly from Xiamen to Guangzhou and 12 other cities including Wuhan.
Popular Destinations Nearby
Xiamen to International Cities
Cheap Flights from Xiamen (XMN)
Save on cheap flights from Xiamen. See below sample of Xiamen airfares and airline ticket deals.
Cheap Flights to Xiamen (XMN)
Top departure cities and airlines offering cheap airline tickets to Xiamen.