Wellington Flights Guide
The capital city of New Zealand, Wellington is lcoated within the southwest of North Island. It is more commonly referred to by nicknames such as “Welly” and “Wellywood.” Wellington was named one of the top 10 cities to visit during 2011, which helped to encourage a large spike in tourism for the capital itself.
Places of interest that are worth visiting include the National Library of New Zealand, Archives New Zealand, the Colonial Cottage, Old St. Paul’s, Museum of Wellington City and Sea, and the Katherine Mansfield Birthplace Museum. Alternatively, there are a number of festivals and events that can be commonly found within the region as well, such as the Cuba Street Carnival and World of Wearable Art.
The cuisine options within Wellington are very unique and incomparible to what can be found in other cities around the world. The city is known for having a large amount of ‘cafe culture’ and is considered to have more cafes than New York City. Restaurants also encourage individuals to bring their own alcohol, which makes them very unique to the region itself. There are a number of dining establishments which also serve meals that reflect the style of New Zealand cuisine.
Transportation within Wellington includes a light rail, trolleybuses, buses, taxis, shuttles, and the port. Most locals make use of the light rail and trolleybuses, while visitors tend to make more use of the taxis and buses within the area.
Go to the Wellington Travel Guide
Flights to Wellington
Historical Rates - A Guide Only.
Wellington Travel Facts
- Wellington, New Zealand connects to 37 airports worldwide.
- The shortest flight from Wellington is 50 miles to Woodbourne on Air New Zealand.
- The longest flight from Wellington is 1605 miles to Melbourne on Qantas.
- Air New Zealand fly to 20 destinations including Woodbourne from Wellington.
- Pacific Blue fly to 5 destinations including Sydney from Wellington.
- Jetstar Airways fly to 3 destinations including Queenstown International from Wellington.
- Australia: Flights to Wellington
- Go to the Wellington International Airport Guide
Wellington Airlines & Flight Schedules
- Air New Zealand fly from Wellington to Auckland and 20 other cities including Woodbourne.
- Pacific Blue fly from Wellington to Auckland and 5 other cities including Sydney.
- Jetstar Airways fly from Wellington to Auckland and 3 other cities including Queenstown International.
Popular Destinations Nearby
Wellington to International Cities
Cheap Flights from Wellington (WLG)
Save on cheap flights from Wellington. See below sample of Wellington airfares and airline ticket deals.
Cheap Flights to Wellington (WLG)
Top departure cities and airlines offering cheap airline tickets to Wellington.
For more information visit our Wellington