Timisoara Flights Guide
Romania’s second city was the unlikely receiver of Europe’s first system of electric street lamps. But the city has been around since the 11th century, and many of its buildings made it through the destruction reaped by WWII. Today it is a cosmopolitan city whose aesthetic is upheld by beautiful public spaces and those intrepid ancient buildings.
The city is based on a number of extraordinary public squares. The main one is Victory Square, around which sit the old 19th century buildings that together form one of Romania’s most emblematic public spaces. The Opera House is here, as is the City Hall and the Metropolitan Orthodox Cathedral. The Hunyard Castle, also along this square, houses the Museum of Banat, which is a must-see archaeological museum. A second museum that must not be neglected is the Museum of the Revolution. The other main squares are Union Square and Liberty Square, each with stark buildings whose architecture sometimes contrasts sharply with their neighbors. Besides the architectural treats, there are many pleasant parks in the city, which is known for its green space as well. The Botanical Garden is the most pristine. It makes for a lovely place to relax after an evening experiencing the classy nightlife that the city has on offer.
Timisoara International is the second largest airport in the country. The airlines that provide most service are Carpatair and Wizz Air. Lufthansa, TAROM and Pegasus also fly here, as do several others that offer seasonal charters.
Flights to Timisoara
Historical Rates - A Guide Only.
Timisoara Travel Facts
- Timisoara, Romania connects to 49 airports worldwide.
- The shortest flight from Timisoara is 132 miles to Sibiu on Carpatair.
- The longest flight from Timisoara is 1299 miles to Madrid on Wizz Air.
- Carpatair fly to 20 destinations including Villafranca from Timisoara.
- Alitalia fly to 14 destinations including Villafranca from Timisoara.
- Wizz Air fly to 10 destinations including Valencia from Timisoara.
- Australia: Flights to Timisoara
Timisoara Airlines & Flight Schedules
- Carpatair fly from Timisoara to Ancona and 20 other cities including Villafranca.
- Alitalia fly from Timisoara to Ancona and 14 other cities including Villafranca.
- Wizz Air fly from Timisoara to Barcelona and 10 other cities including Valencia.
Popular Destinations Nearby
Timisoara to International Cities
Cheap Flights from Timisoara (TSR)
Save on cheap flights from Timisoara. See below sample of Timisoara airfares and airline ticket deals.
Cheap Flights to Timisoara (TSR)
Top departure cities and airlines offering cheap airline tickets to Timisoara.