San Salvador Flights Guide
The capital of the most densely-populated country in Latin America is teeming with life and big colorful buses spewing black smoke. The entire downtown is essentially a thriving market seen, with street stalls that hide the colonial pastel-hued buildings now broken by time and earthquakes. Elsewhere, the city is modern and bright.
San Salvador is markedly segregated between the rich and the poor. Areas such as Ciudad Merliot and Santa Elena are constructed at the foot of surrounding hills, and are home to the more wealthy residents. Wider, cleaner avenues lined with trees and crisp retail outlets create those neighborhoods’ aesthetic. Throughout the city proper are dotted memorials to the past. Plaza las Americas is home to the Monument to the Divine Savior. Plaza Libertad is a wide well-kempt plaza in the typical Spanish style. The National Palace is another monument-museum that was once the main governmental building. San Salvador is mostly a transport hub for travelers, being close to the black sand beaches to the south and the mountain adventures to the east and north. The David J. Guzman Museum of Anthropology offers a reason to stay a bit longer however. The city’s musical heritage, defined by the Teatro Presidente and Teatro Nacional buildings, offers another reason to linger.
Being such a small country, the El Salvador International Airport receives the bulk of incoming flights. Airlines with service include Avianca El Salvador, Delta, Iberia, United, Spirit, CanJet, Copa, America and Air Transit.
Flights to San Salvador
Historical Rates - A Guide Only.
San Salvador Travel Facts
- San Salvador, El Salvador connects to 64 airports worldwide.
- The shortest flight from San Salvador is 126 miles to Guatemala City on United Airlines.
- The longest flight from San Salvador is 5373 miles to Madrid on British Airways.
- Grupo TACA fly to 23 destinations including Washington from San Salvador.
- United Airlines fly to 12 destinations including Washington from San Salvador.
- US Airways fly to 9 destinations including Washington from San Salvador.
- Australia: Flights to San Salvador
San Salvador Airlines & Flight Schedules
- Grupo TACA fly from San Salvador to Belize City and 23 other cities including Washington.
- United Airlines fly from San Salvador to Dallas-fort Worth and 12 other cities including Washington.
- US Airways fly from San Salvador to Dallas-fort Worth and 9 other cities including Washington.
- LACSA fly from San Salvador to Cancun and 5 other cities including Toronto.
- Avianca - Aerovias Nacionales de Colombia fly from San Salvador to Belize City and 4 other cities including Managua.
Popular Destinations Nearby
San Salvador to International Cities
Cheap Flights from San Salvador (SAL)
Save on cheap flights from San Salvador. See below sample of San Salvador airfares and airline ticket deals.
Cheap Flights to San Salvador (SAL)
Top departure cities and airlines offering cheap airline tickets to San Salvador.