San Francisco Flights Guide
This cultural and financial hub of California is also the state’s 4th most densely populated city. San Francisco is home to hundreds of fun attractions, major companies and businesses, and beautiful architecture, including the city’s famed “Painted Ladies”. Sitting on the San Francisco Bay, the city has stunning scenery from many parts of the city, as well as delicious dining options, upscale shopping and family-friendly entertainment.
San Francisco is a large tourist mecca and its attractions include well-known sites and landmarks like Fisherman’s Wharf, Union Square, the War Memorial and Performing Arts Center, San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, the California Academy of Sciences (which is home to the Steinhart Aquarium and Morrison Planetarium), and the American Conservatory Theater. There are also annual events held in the city, such as the famed Chinese New Year Parade.
After visiting San Francisco’s many museums, do some shopping in one of the city’s elite malls or boutiques. Visit the Westfield San Francisco Centre shopping mall, stroll along Chestnut Street and stop into one of the upscale boutiques, or visit San Francisco’s famous Chinatown district to purchase unique and one-of-a-kind items.
Once the shopping spree is done, be sure to check out the city’s plethora of famous landmarks, like The Fillmore or the Orpheum Theatres. There’s also a bevy of fine dining and ethnic restaurants in San Francisco’s many cultural neighborhoods and districts; have breakfast at the Hollywood Café, lunch at Restaurant Gary Danko, or have a classic dinner out at Incanto, an Italian restaurant renowned for its lamb dishes and flavorful liver and onions.
Getting around San Francisco is easy, since it was named as the most “walkable city” by Walkscore.com and is also easy navigable by taxi, the famous cable cars, trolleys, biking and hiking. For air travel, there is the San Francisco International Airport and the Oakland International Airport in nearby Oakland.
Go to the San Francisco Travel Guide
Flights to San Francisco
Historical Rates - A Guide Only.
San Francisco Travel Facts
- San Francisco, USA connects to 408 airports worldwide.
- The shortest flight from San Francisco is 77 miles to Monterey on Continental Airlines.
- The longest flight from San Francisco is 8072 miles to Dubai on Emirates.
- Continental Airlines fly to 154 destinations including Washington from San Francisco.
- United Airlines fly to 86 destinations including Washington from San Francisco.
- US Airways fly to 46 destinations including Washington from San Francisco.
- Australia: Flights to San Francisco
- Go to the San Francisco International Airport Guide
San Francisco Airlines & Flight Schedules
- Continental Airlines fly from San Francisco to Arcata CA and 154 other cities including Washington.
- United Airlines fly from San Francisco to Albuquerque and 86 other cities including Washington.
- US Airways fly from San Francisco to Austin and 46 other cities including Washington.
- Delta Air Lines fly from San Francisco to Amsterdam and 17 other cities including Tokyo.
- Virgin America fly from San Francisco to Boston and 15 other cities including Washington.
Popular Destinations Nearby
San Francisco to International Cities
Cheap Flights from San Francisco (SFO)
Save on cheap flights from San Francisco. See below sample of San Francisco airfares and airline ticket deals.
Cheap Flights to San Francisco (SFO)
Top departure cities and airlines offering cheap airline tickets to San Francisco.
For more information visit our San Francisco