Salt Lake City Flights Guide
A scenic mountain city in the state of Utah, Salt Lake City boasts a rich past, stunning architecture, historical landmarks and well-known icons such as the Salt Lake City Temple and the Utah State Capitol buildings. The city was first founded in 1847 by famous Mormons including Brigham Young and George Washington Bradley, who had to irrigate and cultivate the valley in order to bring other settlers to the town.
Top attractions and landmarks in Salt Lake City include the famous Mormon Tabernacle Choir, the Natural History Museum of Utah, Temple Square (which is dominated by a stunning six-spired temple), the Joseph Smith Memorial Building, Red Butte Garden (part of the University of Utah), and the must-see Cathedral of the Madeline. The Salt Lake City Temple, mentioned above, is the largest temple of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and a stunning example of Gothic architecture in modern America.
Donít forget about the shopping and dining options in this cultural city; Salt Lake offers fine dining venues like Bombay House for authentic, affordable Indian cuisine, the famous Red Iguana that offers some of the cityís best Tex-Mex fare, or have brunch at Little America Hotel-Sunday Brunch. Also be sure to try Valterís Osteria for delicious Italian dishes, sample Vietnamese delicacies at Oh Mai, or go for fresh sushi at Takashi.
Salt Lake City boasts many great shopping centers and malls to visit as well. Some of the largest and most well-known of the cityís shopping venues include The Gateway, Trolley Square, Ivy Place Shopping Village, Sugar House Center and City Creek Center that offers over 90 different retail shops.
Getting around Salt Lake City is a breeze, as there are many types of transportation. There are several major highways and freeways, public transportation (a bus system, light rail, a commuter rail line), and the Salt Lake City International Airport for air travel in and out of the city.
Go to the Salt Lake City Travel Guide
Flights to Salt Lake City
Historical Rates - A Guide Only.
Salt Lake City Travel Facts
- Salt Lake City, USA connects to 132 airports worldwide.
- The shortest flight from Salt Lake City is 150 miles to Pocatello on Delta Air Lines.
- The longest flight from Salt Lake City is 5055 miles to Paris on Delta Air Lines.
- Delta Air Lines fly to 85 destinations including Washington from Salt Lake City.
- Continental Airlines fly to 12 destinations including Washington from Salt Lake City.
- fly to 11 destinations including Seattle from Salt Lake City.
- Australia: Flights to Salt Lake City
Salt Lake City Airlines & Flight Schedules
- Delta Air Lines fly from Salt Lake City to Albuquerque and 85 other cities including Washington.
- Continental Airlines fly from Salt Lake City to Chicago and 12 other cities including Washington.
- United Airlines fly from Salt Lake City to Chicago and 6 other cities including Washington.
- US Airways fly from Salt Lake City to Chicago and 4 other cities including San Francisco.
- American Airlines fly from Salt Lake City to Chicago and 3 other cities including Los Angeles.
Popular Destinations Nearby
Salt Lake City to International Cities
Cheap Flights from Salt Lake City (SLC)
Save on cheap flights from Salt Lake City. See below sample of Salt Lake City airfares and airline ticket deals.
Cheap Flights to Salt Lake City (SLC)
Top departure cities and airlines offering cheap airline tickets to Salt Lake City.
For more information visit our Salt Lake City