Recife Flights Guide
Recife is a city of several million inhabitants located on the northeastern tip of Brazil’s bulging chest. It owes its past to Dutch settlers. The Portuguese came, and Recife received a huge influx of slave labor from Africa. Today Recife is an authentic hub of culture away from the more tourism-trampled regions to the south.
Old Recife is where the buildings from the beginning of Recife’s history reside. Recife’s historical landmarks ring around the central Marco Zero Square. A number of accessible museums that are of note include the Abolition Museum, which defines the 19th century movement to end slavery, and the two separate museums of archaeology that describe a local history all but forgotten. Recife City Museum is another, but the Museum of the Northeastern Man is one of the best for the cultural heritage of the region. Of other landmarks, the 17th century Brum Fortress is brilliant, and the 18th century Sao Pedro dos Clerigos cathedral, in the old town, is an attractive replica of a Rome sanctuary. Recife is home also to the Convento Franciscano de Santo Antonio, with the renowned Capela Dourada golden chapel. Another golden city treasure is the Boa Viagem Beach, stretching along the city’s Atlantic coast, and back-dropped by modern white condominiums. The city comes alive with its Carnival, which is touted as more authentic than Rio’s.
Recife/Guararapes-Gilberto Freyre International Airport is a fascinating modernist construction in its own right. American Airlines and Condor fly here, but the main traffic is provided by Gol, TAM, TAP, Avianca and Azul Brazilian Airlines.
Flights to Recife
Historical Rates - A Guide Only.
Recife Travel Facts
- Recife, Brazil connects to 58 airports worldwide.
- The shortest flight from Recife is 154 miles to Natal on Oceanair.
- The longest flight from Recife is 4779 miles to Frankfurt on Condor Flugdienst.
- City Connexion Airlines fly to 30 destinations including Sao Paulo from Recife.
- TAM Brazilian Airlines fly to 10 destinations including Sao Paulo from Recife.
- Oceanair fly to 5 destinations including Sao Paulo from Recife.
- Australia: Flights to Recife
Recife Airlines & Flight Schedules
- City Connexion Airlines fly from Recife to Belo Horizonte and 30 other cities including Sao Paulo.
- TAM Brazilian Airlines fly from Recife to Aracaju and 10 other cities including Sao Paulo.
- Oceanair fly from Recife to Brasilia and 5 other cities including Sao Paulo.
- Hellas Jet fly from Recife to Aracaju and 4 other cities including Natal.
- Air Paradise International fly from Recife to Belo Horizonte and 4 other cities including Salvador.
Popular Destinations Nearby
Recife to International Cities
Cheap Flights from Recife (REC)
Save on cheap flights from Recife. See below sample of Recife airfares and airline ticket deals.
Cheap Flights to Recife (REC)
Top departure cities and airlines offering cheap airline tickets to Recife.