Okinawa Flights Guide
Okinawa refers to the southernmost island group in the string of islands that make up Japan. The largest of these islands is called Okinawa, and comprises the cultural culmination of a heated 20th century history. That is, there are 32 US military bases located on Okinawa. Naha is the capital city, with some 700,000 inhabitants, and it is here that visitors arrive.
Naha is home to a number of wonderful sites, all connected by the efficient monorail. The reconstituted Shuri Castle is an exact replica of the RyuKyu Kingdom’s capital building, which had been destroyed during World War II. The other main attraction is the Okinawa Peace Park, wherein visitors are presented with memorials, a museum, and a cave pitted and dripping with stalagmites and stalactites. To speak more of nature, Okinawa also a number of dazzling beaches, and the Hiji Falls National Park is beautiful. It is located closest to Nago, the tourist city on the north side of the island that played host to the World’s Fair in 1975-6. Nago is a main producer of pineapples and pineapple wine, and there’s a museum to that effect.
The island of Okiwana is best accessed via Naha Airport. International airlines include Air China, Hong Kong Airlines, China Eastern Airlines, and a whole host of domestic carriers that bring visitors from the main islands.
Flights to Okinawa
Historical Rates - A Guide Only.
Okinawa Travel Facts
- Okinawa, Japan connects to 58 airports worldwide.
- The shortest flight from Okinawa is 59 miles to Kumejima on Japan Transocean Air.
- The longest flight from Okinawa is 1413 miles to Agana on Continental Airlines.
- All Nippon Airways fly to 22 destinations including Tokyo from Okinawa.
- Japan Transocean Air fly to 9 destinations including Tokyo from Okinawa.
- Skymark Airlines fly to 6 destinations including Tokyo from Okinawa.
- Australia: Flights to Okinawa
Okinawa Airlines & Flight Schedules
- All Nippon Airways fly from Okinawa to Agana and 22 other cities including Tokyo.
- Japan Transocean Air fly from Okinawa to Fukuoka and 9 other cities including Tokyo.
- Skymark Airlines fly from Okinawa to Fukuoka and 6 other cities including Tokyo.
- Japan Airlines fly from Okinawa to Osaka and 5 other cities including Tokyo.
- Asiana Airlines fly from Okinawa to Busan and 3 other cities including Tokyo.
Popular Destinations Nearby
Okinawa to International Cities
Cheap Flights from Okinawa (OKA)
Save on cheap flights from Okinawa. See below sample of Okinawa airfares and airline ticket deals.
Cheap Flights to Okinawa (OKA)
Top departure cities and airlines offering cheap airline tickets to Okinawa.