Montevideo Flights Guide
Montevideo is Uruguay’s largest city, capital, and the chief port of the region. The city features around one-third of Uruguay’s entire population and is a vacation hot-spot for travelers that are seeking to get away to somewhere secluded and beautiful.
Montevideo is known for its rich heritage and its production of a number of musicians, writers, and artists throughout the decades. Three main styles of music found within the city include murga, tango, and candombe. The city is also known for being the center of the Uruguay cinema which focuses on documentary, commercial, and independent films.
Points of interest within the city include the Montevideo Cabildo, Palacio Tananco, the National History Museum of Montevideo, the National Museum of Visual Arts, and the Juan Manuel Blanes Museum. However, these are but a few of the countless educational and historical landmarks that are present within the region itself. Festivals are another common point of attraction for visitors to Montevideo. The most popular annual festival is Montevideo Carnaval which is known to be the national festival during Carnival Week.
Individuals who are seeking to sample the local cuisine will find that there are numerous opportunities presented by the restaurants within the area. Some of the most traditional Uruguayan food and beverage can be enjoyed at the Mercado del Puerto. However, restaurants in the area also present a variety of cuisine, starting at traditional Uruguayan and even leading up to Japanese cuisine.
For the most part, transportation in Montevideo is fairly reliable and easy to locate. Two of the popular modes of transportation include the bus terminal and the railway. There is also a port on Montevideo Bay, which remains to be one of the historical reasons that the city was founded.
Flights to Montevideo
Historical Rates - A Guide Only.
Montevideo Travel Facts
- Montevideo, Uruguay connects to 32 airports worldwide.
- The shortest flight from Montevideo is 137 miles to Buenos Aires on Aerolineas Argentinas.
- The longest flight from Montevideo is 6168 miles to Madrid on PLUNA.
- PLUNA fly to 15 destinations including Sao Paulo from Montevideo.
- City Connexion Airlines fly to 3 destinations including Porto Alegre from Montevideo.
- Aerolineas Argentinas fly to 2 destinations including Buenos Aires from Montevideo.
- Australia: Flights to Montevideo
Montevideo Airlines & Flight Schedules
- PLUNA fly from Montevideo to Asuncion and 15 other cities including Sao Paulo.
- City Connexion Airlines fly from Montevideo to Porto Alegre and 3 other cities including Porto Alegre.
Popular Destinations Nearby
Montevideo to International Cities
Cheap Flights from Montevideo (MVD)
Save on cheap flights from Montevideo. See below sample of Montevideo airfares and airline ticket deals.
Cheap Flights to Montevideo (MVD)
Top departure cities and airlines offering cheap airline tickets to Montevideo.