Medellin Flights Guide
Medellin is located in the Aburrá Valley in Columbia. It is the second largest city within the region and has a population of around 2.4 million people. Featuring an exotic locale and stunning surroundings, this area is often a choice vacation spot for travelers during the spring and summer months.
Locations such as the Modern Art Museum, Metropolitan Theatre, and the Pablo Tobón Uribe Theatre reflect the beauty of Medellin’s culture. Some of the most visited areas within the city is undoubtedly the Arvi Ecotourism Park, renowed for its size. This park runs between three towns and also envelopes the territory of the village of Santa Elena.
Due to the natural surroundings present in Medellin, travelers can participate in a variety of activities outside including swimming, fishing, kayaking, sailing, horseback riding, biking, and camping. There are also numerous tours available which can provide historical and cultural context to the beauty of the unique art and architecture that is present within the region.
Medellin also hosts many different festivals and events throughout the year. Some of the more notable events include the International Jazz Festival, Festival of the Flowers in late July, International Tango Festival, and the Bullfighting Festival of La Macarena from January to February.
Transportation that is available to the city includes buses, taxis, and a metro train system. The metro is able to connect with many of the metropolitan areas that are present in the city.
Flights to Medellin
Historical Rates - A Guide Only.
Medellin Travel Facts
- Medellin, Colombia connects to 22 airports worldwide.
- The shortest flight from Medellin is 134 miles to Bogota on Copa Airlines.
- The longest flight from Medellin is 4980 miles to Madrid on Avianca - Aerovias Nacionales de Colombia.
- Avianca - Aerovias Nacionales de Colombia fly to 10 destinations including Santa Marta from Medellin.
- Copa Airlines fly to 4 destinations including San Andres Island from Medellin.
- LACSA fly to 2 destinations including San Jose from Medellin.
- Australia: Flights to Medellin
Medellin Airlines & Flight Schedules
- Avianca - Aerovias Nacionales de Colombia fly from Medellin to Barranquilla and 10 other cities including Santa Marta.
- Copa Airlines fly from Medellin to Bogota and 4 other cities including San Andres Island.
Popular Destinations Nearby
Medellin to International Cities
Cheap Flights from Medellin (MDE)
Save on cheap flights from Medellin. See below sample of Medellin airfares and airline ticket deals.
Cheap Flights to Medellin (MDE)
Top departure cities and airlines offering cheap airline tickets to Medellin.