Manaus Flights Guide
The largest city in the Amazon Jungle is smack dab in the center of it. People arrive by riverboat or plane, and very few via the thousands of kilometers of muddy track. It is a city of over 2 million people, and its rich architecture speaks to the wealth afforded by the rubber industry that caused its growth. Manaus had so much money that the richest building materials were imported all the way from Europe.
The place to begin is at the ferry docks, where the heavy flow of the Amazon River slugs along. Nearby is the Mercado Municipal, which, like much of the architecture in Manaus, is based on Parisian styles. The market is huge, housing many varieties of local river fish and crustaceans that make it unique. Walking north, one comes to a quaint colonial square surrounded by cafes. The imposing structure that dominates the square is the symbol of the city, the Opera House. In its prime it was considered one of the most luxurious of the day, and appeared on the circuit of many great performers and symphonies. Its interior retains its magnificence, having been restored in recent decades. There are dozens of beaches in Manaus, and nearby waterfalls as well. The Jau National Park is huge, and offers the best opportunities to see Amazon flora and wildlife.
Brigadeiro Eduardo Gomes-Manaus International Airport receives international flights from American Airlines, TAP Portugal and Copa. Domestic carriers include Gol Transportes Aereos, MAP Linhas Aereas, TAM and Azul Brazilian Airlines.
Flights to Manaus
Historical Rates - A Guide Only.
Manaus Travel Facts
- Manaus, Brazil connects to 61 airports worldwide.
- The shortest flight from Manaus is 162 miles to Maues on Rico Linhas A.
- The longest flight from Manaus is 2404 miles to Miami on Continental Airlines.
- City Connexion Airlines fly to 24 destinations including Sao Paulo from Manaus.
- TAM Brazilian Airlines fly to 13 destinations including Tefe from Manaus.
- Hellas Jet fly to 11 destinations including Tefe from Manaus.
- Australia: Flights to Manaus
Manaus Airlines & Flight Schedules
- City Connexion Airlines fly from Manaus to Belem and 24 other cities including Sao Paulo.
- TAM Brazilian Airlines fly from Manaus to Belem and 13 other cities including Tefe.
- Hellas Jet fly from Manaus to Barcelos and 11 other cities including Tefe.
- TAP Portugal fly from Manaus to Boa Vista and 4 other cities including Santarem.
- Rico Linhas A fly from Manaus to Coari and 3 other cities including Maues.
Popular Destinations Nearby
Manaus to International Cities
Cheap Flights from Manaus (MAO)
Save on cheap flights from Manaus. See below sample of Manaus airfares and airline ticket deals.
Cheap Flights to Manaus (MAO)
Top departure cities and airlines offering cheap airline tickets to Manaus.