Chennai Madras Flights Guide
Formerly known as the city of Madras, Chennai is the capital city of Tamil Nadu, a state in India. This large metropolis, located on the coast of Coromandel, Chennai is the city center for economics, education, industry and commercial, and culture. Chennai has many attractions, including the Kapaleeshwar Temple, Anna Centenary Library and the striking San Thome Church.
Top attractions and things to do in Chennai is varied, from the beauty of temples like the beautiful 8th century Sri Parthasarathy Temple, museums such as the Cholamandal Artistís Village and cultural venues including the Arignar Anna Zoological Park, Crocodile Park (a nature/wildlife refuge), and the Sathyam Cinemas. Be sure to also check out Besant Nagar Beach, which offers delicious seafood right on the beach, and is also very quiet; another must-see venue is the National Art Gallery that showcases a stunning collection of 10th-century paintings and religious relics and statues.
Cuisine in Chennai is that of the delectable, spicy Tamil dishes, such as the popular vada (a fritter that is usually eaten as a snack), uppuma (a common breakfast dish) dosa (a fermented pancake eaten at breakfast or a snack), and the culinary specialty called idiyappam, which is a noodle made from rice flour that is boiled and eaten along with grilled vegetables. Chennai has many great restaurants for you to try these dishes, including Beyond Indus (savor this restaurantís popular lamb biryani), Grand Siam (for a blend of South Indian and Thai cuisine), and Madras (make dinner reservations and enjoy your food with a three-person band in the background).
Transportation in Chennai consists of the Southern Railway, two major highways, the Chennai Port, and the Chennai International Airport.
Go to the Chennai Madras Travel Guide
Flights to Chennai Madras
Historical Rates - A Guide Only.
Chennai Madras Travel Facts
- Chennai Madras, India connects to 96 airports worldwide.
- The shortest flight from Chennai Madras is 169 miles to Bangalore on Jet Airways.
- The longest flight from Chennai Madras is 5106 miles to London on British Airways.
- Air India Limited fly to 18 destinations including Vishakhapatnam from Chennai Madras.
- Jet Airways fly to 18 destinations including Vishakhapatnam from Chennai Madras.
- JetsGo fly to 16 destinations including Vishakhapatnam from Chennai Madras.
- Australia: Flights to Chennai
- Go to the Chennai International Airport Guide
Chennai Madras Airlines & Flight Schedules
- Jet Airways fly from Chennai Madras to Abu Dhabi and 18 other cities including Vishakhapatnam.
- Air India Limited fly from Chennai Madras to Bangalore and 18 other cities including Vishakhapatnam.
- JetsGo fly from Chennai Madras to Ahmedabad and 16 other cities including Vishakhapatnam.
- Kingfisher Airlines fly from Chennai Madras to Bangalore and 10 other cities including Vishakhapatnam.
- IndiGo Airlines fly from Chennai Madras to Ahmedabad and 9 other cities including Trivandrum.
Popular Destinations Nearby
Chennai Madras to International Cities
Cheap Flights from Chennai Madras (MAA)
Save on cheap flights from Chennai Madras. See below sample of Chennai Madras airfares and airline ticket deals.
Cheap Flights to Chennai Madras (MAA)
Top departure cities and airlines offering cheap airline tickets to Chennai Madras.