La Paz Flights Guide
La Paz is the second largest city in the country of Bolivia, as well as the world’s highest de factor capital city. The name La Paz means “Our Lady of Peace.” It is the seat of the government of Bolivia and is located in the western portion of the country in the La Paz Department. Often referenced for its exotic surroundings and extensive culture, La Paz is frequently a travel destination for many individuals.
There are countless landmarks and cultural venues throughout the city. Some popular points of attraction include Museo Costumbrista, Museo Nacional de Arqueologia, Museo del Oro, Museo del Charango, Museo de Historia Natural, and Museo Nacional de Arte. Visitors may also want to spend time exploring locations such as the Bolivian Presidential Palace, Parque Urbano Central, San Francisco Church, and the Metropolitan Cathedral. There are also a number of festivities that occur throughout the year.
Due to the altitude of the city, the temperatures in La Paz are consistently cool. Two of the cloudiest months in the year, February and March, are known to receive only five daily hours of sunshine. Meanwhile, the two sunniest months of the year, June and July, receive a daily average of nine hours of sunshine.
Outside of traveling via car, the most popular method of transportation within La Paz is found within the bus system. There are daily departures to many of the major surrounding cities within the area, as well as longer trips to cities in countries such as Peru or Chile. Taxis and similar transportation are available, but they are more rare to find.
Flights to La Paz
Historical Rates - A Guide Only.
La Paz Travel Facts
- La Paz, Bolivia connects to 23 airports worldwide.
- The shortest flight from La Paz is 147 miles to Cochabamba on Astrakhan Airlines.
- The longest flight from La Paz is 1518 miles to Bogota on Avianca - Aerovias Nacionales de Colombia.
- Aerosur fly to 8 destinations including Tarija from La Paz.
- Astrakhan Airlines fly to 4 destinations including Tarija from La Paz.
- LAN Airlines fly to 3 destinations including Santa Cruz from La Paz.
- Australia: Flights to La Paz
La Paz Airlines & Flight Schedules
- Aerosur fly from La Paz to Cobija and 8 other cities including Tarija.
- Astrakhan Airlines fly from La Paz to Cobija and 4 other cities including Tarija.
- LAN Airlines fly from La Paz to Iquique and 3 other cities including Santa Cruz.
Popular Destinations Nearby
La Paz to International Cities
Cheap Flights from La Paz (LPB)
Save on cheap flights from La Paz. See below sample of La Paz airfares and airline ticket deals.
Cheap Flights to La Paz (LPB)
Top departure cities and airlines offering cheap airline tickets to La Paz.
For more information visit our La Paz