Knoxville Flights Guide
Founded at the end of the 18th century, Knoxville is a beautiful town that has weathered the hardships of isolation, road the economic tides of the railway, and fell before the turmoil of the Great Depression. Today it is a university town proud of its athletes, and a central city in the amazingly beautiful Appalachian region.
Knoxville has also been the home of several big names, not least among them Tarantino and Dolly Parton. As per the economy, it was boosted back to life after years of stagnation by the 1982 World’s Fair, which it hosted. Since then, the fair’s space has been converted to a cozy urban park. Surrounding the park is the city that touts itself as a gateway to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, where during the fall the colors are not to be rivaled anywhere. Market Square is the city’s center, and the historic district. Old City has grown around it, and Gay Street cuts it down the middle. Located in the district is the Museum of East Tennessee History, a good place to get one’s bearings. Otherwise, the University of Tennessee campus is intriguing, as are the Victorian homes that dot the Fort Sanders area. Finally, none should leave the region without visiting the Smoky Mountains.
McGhee Tyson Airport is the main air hub in the area. American Eagle, US Airways, Delta, Allegiant Air and Frontier provide service here.
Flights to Knoxville
Historical Rates - A Guide Only.
Knoxville Travel Facts
- Knoxville, USA connects to 33 airports worldwide.
- The shortest flight from Knoxville is 152 miles to Atlanta on Delta Air Lines.
- The longest flight from Knoxville is 1732 miles to Las Vegas on Allegiant Air.
- Continental Airlines fly to 10 destinations including Washington from Knoxville.
- United Airlines fly to 6 destinations including Washington from Knoxville.
- Allegiant Air fly to 5 destinations including St. Petersburg from Knoxville.
- Australia: Flights to Knoxville
Knoxville Airlines & Flight Schedules
- Continental Airlines fly from Knoxville to Chicago and 10 other cities including Washington.
- United Airlines fly from Knoxville to Charlotte and 6 other cities including Washington.
- Allegiant Air fly from Knoxville to Fort Lauderdale and 5 other cities including St. Petersburg.
- Delta Air Lines fly from Knoxville to Atlanta and 4 other cities including New York.
- American Airlines fly from Knoxville to Chicago and 3 other cities including Miami.
Popular Destinations Nearby
Knoxville to International Cities
Cheap Flights from Knoxville (TYS)
Save on cheap flights from Knoxville. See below sample of Knoxville airfares and airline ticket deals.
Cheap Flights to Knoxville (TYS)
Top departure cities and airlines offering cheap airline tickets to Knoxville.