Kathmandu Flights Guide
Nepal’s capital city and also its largest, Kathmandu was once shrouded in mystery, but, as the city has expanded and become more modern, it has turned into a bustling tourist destination.
If you are looking to explore Nepalese culture, Kathmandu is an excellent place to get a feel for the city’s historic architecture. The many monuments, palaces, religious shrines, monasteries and temples with their exquisite and unique stone, bronze and woodwork are truly an awe-inspiring sight.
Kathmandu is replete with museums that catalogue the city’s important contributions to art, history and architecture. You can learn about the fine craftsmanship at the National Woodworking Museum and the Bronze and Brass Museum. The city also has a Museum of Natural History and a National Art Gallery if you want a more in-depth view of the cultural importance of this historic city.
When dining out in Kathmandu, you can enjoy a sophisticated five-star restaurant or opt for more local flavor at a smaller, more casual café. Be sure to sample some indigenous dishes at a traditional Nepalese restaurant where local performers compliment the meal with local songs and dances.
The city has a range of accommodation options to fit any style and budget. From large, well-known hotel chains offering the latest in hospitality to small hotels that give the traveler a slice of local life, Kathmandu has you covered.
Kathmandu may be difficult to navigate on foot due to the poorly marked streets, but taxis are plentiful and can be hired for the day. For longer trips across the city, you can take advantage of the city’s public bus system, which has the added benefit of giving you an up close and personal experience with the local culture.
Go to the Kathmandu Travel Guide
Flights to Kathmandu
Historical Rates - A Guide Only.
Kathmandu Travel Facts
- Kathmandu, Nepal connects to 69 airports worldwide.
- The shortest flight from Kathmandu is 44 miles to Simara on PMTair.
- The longest flight from Kathmandu is 2459 miles to Seoul on Korean Air.
- Nepal Airlines fly to 20 destinations including Tumling Tar from Kathmandu.
- PMTair fly to 10 destinations including Tumling Tar from Kathmandu.
- Air Togo fly to 8 destinations including Tumling Tar from Kathmandu.
- Australia: Flights to Kathmandu
Kathmandu Airlines & Flight Schedules
- Nepal Airlines fly from Kathmandu to Bangkok and 20 other cities including Tumling Tar.
- PMTair fly from Kathmandu to Bhairawa and 10 other cities including Tumling Tar.
- Air Togo fly from Kathmandu to Bhairawa and 8 other cities including Tumling Tar.
- Air India Limited fly from Kathmandu to Calcutta and 3 other cities including Varanasi.
Popular Destinations Nearby
Kathmandu to International Cities
Cheap Flights from Kathmandu (KTM)
Save on cheap flights from Kathmandu. See below sample of Kathmandu airfares and airline ticket deals.
Cheap Flights to Kathmandu (KTM)
Top departure cities and airlines offering cheap airline tickets to Kathmandu.
For more information visit our Kathmandu