Johannesburg Flights Guide
Johannesburg, or “Joburg” as the locals call it is the second largest city in Africa and is the cultural and economic center of South Africa.
Soweto, the home of Nelson Mandela, is becoming a popular tourist destination. If you’re interested in the political history of Johannesburg, be sure to visit the Apartheid Museum and the Nelson Mandela Family Museum.
Art and theatre abound in Johannesburg. You can stop in at one of the city’s art galleries, such as the Johannesburg Art Gallery, to see a variety of historic or contemporary pieces, or take in a play or musical one of the city’s many stages like the newly renovated Arts on Main.
If you’re in the mood for something less intellectual and more fast paced, be sure to visit one of the many clubs, bars and restaurants that make up Johannesburg’s vibrant nightlife.
Johannesburg has a wide selection of accommodations to fit every taste, style and budget. You can rest in comfortable luxury at one of the city’s five star hotels, or if wallet-friendly is more your speed, you can stay in a hostel hotel.
With public transportation still in the early stages of development, Johannesburg is best explored by car. A rental car and a quality road map or GPS will help you get to your intended destination.
Go to the Johannesburg Travel Guide
Flights to Johannesburg
Historical Rates - A Guide Only.
Johannesburg Travel Facts
- Johannesburg, South Africa connects to 150 airports worldwide.
- The shortest flight from Johannesburg is 171 miles to Pietersburg on South African Airways.
- The longest flight from Johannesburg is 8421 miles to Atlanta on Delta Air Lines.
- South African Airways fly to 62 destinations including Zurich from Johannesburg.
- British Airways fly to 10 destinations including Windhoek from Johannesburg.
- Tavrey Airlines fly to 8 destinations including Zanzibar from Johannesburg.
- Australia: Flights to Johannesburg
- Go to the Johannesburg International Airport Guide
Johannesburg Airlines & Flight Schedules
- South African Airways fly from Johannesburg to Accra and 62 other cities including Zurich.
- British Airways fly from Johannesburg to Cape Town and 10 other cities including Windhoek.
- Tavrey Airlines fly from Johannesburg to Cape Town and 8 other cities including Zanzibar.
- Air Mozambique fly from Johannesburg to Beira and 5 other cities including Vilankulu.
- Air Botswana fly from Johannesburg to Francistown and 4 other cities including Maun.
Popular Destinations Nearby
Johannesburg to International Cities
Cheap Flights from Johannesburg (JNB)
Save on cheap flights from Johannesburg. See below sample of Johannesburg airfares and airline ticket deals.
Cheap Flights to Johannesburg (JNB)
Top departure cities and airlines offering cheap airline tickets to Johannesburg.
For more information visit our Johannesburg