Indianapolis Flights Guide
Indiana’s biggest city is also one of the Midwest’s largest population centers. With over 2 million people in its metropolitan area, Indianapolis is a force to be reckoned with. Called the “crossroads of America,” Indianapolis today is known above all for the nearby motor speedway that hosts the famous Indy 500 racing championship.
It usually comes as a surprise to learn that Nascar is the most popular American sport. Indy is more interesting than Nascar for its unique F1-style racecars. Seeing an Indy car race is the best way to feel Indianapolis’ charm. Otherwise, like any big city, Indianapolis offers a wealth of attractions, from the gigantesque Indiana War Memorial to the great organ in the Scottish Rite Cathedral. For the more somber minded, a walk through the nation’s third-largest cemetery, the Crown Hill Cemetery, offers a pleasant setting for contemplation. There are a dozen or more national museums, some of which are unique in their offerings. The Museum of Miniature Houses, for example, is an Indy original, as is the James Whitcomb Riley Home & Museum. The arts are well-represented in Indy, and festivals ranging from wine to music and marching bands dot the calendar year.
Indianapolis is served by its international airport. US Airways, Delta, United, American, Southwest and Frontier Airlines make up the bulk of the airport’s traffic.
Flights to Indianapolis
Historical Rates - A Guide Only.
Indianapolis Travel Facts
- Indianapolis, USA connects to 59 airports worldwide.
- The shortest flight from Indianapolis is 162 miles to Chicago on .
- The longest flight from Indianapolis is 1583 miles to Las Vegas on .
- Continental Airlines fly to 12 destinations including Washington from Indianapolis.
- Delta Air Lines fly to 10 destinations including Washington from Indianapolis.
- United Airlines fly to 9 destinations including Washington from Indianapolis.
- Australia: Flights to Indianapolis
- Go to the Indianapolis International Airport Guide
Indianapolis Airlines & Flight Schedules
- Continental Airlines fly from Indianapolis to Chicago and 12 other cities including Washington.
- Delta Air Lines fly from Indianapolis to Atlanta and 10 other cities including Washington.
- United Airlines fly from Indianapolis to Charlotte and 9 other cities including Washington.
- AirTran Airways fly from Indianapolis to Atlanta and 6 other cities including Tampa.
- US Airways fly from Indianapolis to Charlotte and 5 other cities including Washington.
Popular Destinations Nearby
Indianapolis to International Cities
Cheap Flights from Indianapolis (IND)
Save on cheap flights from Indianapolis. See below sample of Indianapolis airfares and airline ticket deals.
Cheap Flights to Indianapolis (IND)
Top departure cities and airlines offering cheap airline tickets to Indianapolis.