Guilin Flights Guide
Guilin has been an inhabited city for over 2,000 years. It was entirely destroyed by the Japanese in WWII, and yet today it is one of China’s leading tourist hubs. The reason is its daunting landscape of massive karst rock formations. The city itself is surrounded by four distinct lakes and two interconnecting rivers, and the sheer rock face gum drop hills make it the Rio de Janeiro of China.
However, Guilin is even more otherworldly outside its boundaries. Inside the city limits there are parks and a number of museums. The Central Square is gigantic, and the Jingjiang Prince City offers a bit of Chinese royal culture in the small Forbidden City where once a princess ruled. But visitors come to Guilin for the beauty of the southern Guangxi province. They head outside the city to see the incredible sight of the Longsheng and Longji rice terraces. These are hills tattooed in the ribbon-work of level after level of flooded rice patties. Visitors also go to Yangshuo, a town whose historical architectural heritage is preserved, and whose landscapes boggle the mind. It is at the Yangdi-Xingping scenic area that one encounters the awe that vertical mountains can inspire. Other attractions in the area are Assembling Dragon Cave and Moon Hill, and both are worth visiting.
Many more natural splendors in and around the city await visitors. Guilin Liangjiang International Airport is served by a dozen domestic carriers such as China Southern Airlines and Beijing Capital Airlines. International service is also offered by Bangkok Airways, Asiana Airlines, AirAsia and Dragon Air, among others.
Flights to Guilin
Historical Rates - A Guide Only.
Guilin Travel Facts
- Guilin, China connects to 68 airports worldwide.
- The shortest flight from Guilin is 215 miles to Nanning on China Eastern Airlines.
- The longest flight from Guilin is 1645 miles to Kuala Lumpur on AirAsia.
- China Southern Airlines fly to 15 destinations including Xi'an from Guilin.
- Air China fly to 8 destinations including Zhengzhou from Guilin.
- China Eastern Airlines fly to 8 destinations including Xi'an from Guilin.
- Australia: Flights to Guilin
Guilin Airlines & Flight Schedules
- China Southern Airlines fly from Guilin to Beijing and 15 other cities including Xi'an.
- Air China fly from Guilin to Beijing and 8 other cities including Zhengzhou.
- China Eastern Airlines fly from Guilin to Beihai and 8 other cities including Xi'an.
- Xiamen Airlines fly from Guilin to Chongqing and 4 other cities including Xiamen.
- Hainan Airlines fly from Guilin to Haikou and 4 other cities including Taiyuan.
Popular Destinations Nearby
Guilin to International Cities
Cheap Flights from Guilin (KWL)
Save on cheap flights from Guilin. See below sample of Guilin airfares and airline ticket deals.
Cheap Flights to Guilin (KWL)
Top departure cities and airlines offering cheap airline tickets to Guilin.