Guatemala City Flights Guide
Being the capital of a country as intriguing as Guatemala, this city has its merits. Know that “Guate” is considered to be dangerous at night, but know also that this fact keeps other tourists away, and makes the atmospheric scene feel all the more authentic. It is a city of 3 million people, and the streets are alive with vendors from all over the country.
Guatemala City was established after the previous capital Antigua was destroyed by an earthquake. It has had 260 years to develop as a center of commerce and culture. The beating heart of this movement is the Parque Central, a huge Spanish urban plaza. The Palacio Nacional fronts the plaza, and offers free guided tours. The Cathedral is also located in the Parque Central. Also in the city center is Kaminaljuyu, an ancient Mayan ruin. Elsewhere, several museums worth visiting include the Archaeology and Ethnology Museum, the Ixchel Museum of Traditional Costumes and the National History Museum. Finally, there is a great Relief Map, “Mapa en Relieve”, built in 1904, which gives an impressive view of a miniature Guatemala City.
Guatemala City has the country’s primary airport, which is served by many airlines including Spirit, Delta, Iberia, American Airlines, Avianca, Copa and Interjet.
Flights to Guatemala City
Historical Rates - A Guide Only.
Guatemala City Travel Facts
- Guatemala City, Guatemala connects to 39 airports worldwide.
- The shortest flight from Guatemala City is 126 miles to San Salvador on Avianca - Aerovias Nacionales de Colombia.
- The longest flight from Guatemala City is 2190 miles to Los Angeles on Delta Air Lines.
- Grupo TACA fly to 7 destinations including Tegucigalpa from Guatemala City.
- United Airlines fly to 7 destinations including San Salvador from Guatemala City.
- Continental Airlines fly to 4 destinations including Newark from Guatemala City.
- Australia: Flights to Guatemala City
Guatemala City Airlines & Flight Schedules
- Grupo TACA fly from Guatemala City to Chicago and 7 other cities including Tegucigalpa.
- United Airlines fly from Guatemala City to Chicago and 7 other cities including San Salvador.
- LACSA fly from Guatemala City to Los Angeles and 4 other cities including San Pedro Sula.
- Continental Airlines fly from Guatemala City to Houston and 4 other cities including Newark.
- Copa Airlines fly from Guatemala City to Houston and 4 other cities including San Jose.
Popular Destinations Nearby
Guatemala City to International Cities
Cheap Flights from Guatemala City (GUA)
Save on cheap flights from Guatemala City. See below sample of Guatemala City airfares and airline ticket deals.
Cheap Flights to Guatemala City (GUA)
Top departure cities and airlines offering cheap airline tickets to Guatemala City.