Frankfurt Flights Guide
Frankfurt is Germany’s capital, the biggest city in one of Europe’s biggest countries. When travelers arrive at Frankfurt airport they often don't know what to expect. Here's what to expect: skyscrapers, green parks and apple cider.
Frankfurt has one of the largest, busiest airports in the world, often the first point of arrival when travelling to Europe. Flughafen Frankfurt, or just FRA, is connected to bus and train terminals (DB), which are at the same time connected bike rental points. Never mind planes, trains, buses and cars, the most effective way to get around town is by bike.
The city is located next to the river Main, and was almost entirely destroyed during World War II. Of course that is ancient history now that Frankfurt is flourishing with parks, futuristic buildings, bars and restaurants.
A great way to start your visit is taking a trip up the Main Tower for a panoramic view of the city. Plan B is to check the view from the top floor of the Zeilgalerie mall. Plan B is cheaper and faster. Another great plan is to take a walk around the Römerberg, or visit the Städelsches Kunstinstitut museum, or the Museumsufer, where you will find 13 of the city's museums, such as the Film Museum, the Jewish Museum, the Architecture Museum, and the Museum of Applied Art. You can also visit the home of Johann Wolfgang von Goethe and then go to Sachsenhausen for a Frankfurter Würstchen, the all time famous a pork sausage.
Books say the best time to visit Germany is from late spring to early autumn. But there’s nothing like travelling in December to this charming city. Christmas in Frankfurt is like Christmas inside a fairy tale book, trust me on that one.
Go to the Frankfurt Travel Guide
Flights to Frankfurt
Historical Rates - A Guide Only.
Frankfurt Travel Facts
- Frankfurt, Germany connects to 493 airports worldwide.
- The shortest flight from Frankfurt is 97 miles to Stuttgart on Lufthansa.
- The longest flight from Frankfurt is 7130 miles to Buenos Aires on Lufthansa.
- Lufthansa fly to 168 destinations including Zurich from Frankfurt.
- Condor Flugdienst fly to 40 destinations including Varadero from Frankfurt.
- Continental Airlines fly to 40 destinations including Washington from Frankfurt.
- Australia: Flights to Frankfurt
- Go to the Frankfurt Main Airport Guide
Frankfurt Airlines & Flight Schedules
- Lufthansa fly from Frankfurt to Aberdeen and 168 other cities including Zurich.
- Condor Flugdienst fly from Frankfurt to Agadir and 40 other cities including Varadero.
- Continental Airlines fly from Frankfurt to Abuja and 40 other cities including Washington.
- United Airlines fly from Frankfurt to Abuja and 20 other cities including Washington.
- Air Berlin fly from Frankfurt to Amman and 15 other cities including Vienna.
Popular Destinations Nearby
Frankfurt to International Cities
Cheap Flights from Frankfurt (FRA)
Save on cheap flights from Frankfurt. See below sample of Frankfurt airfares and airline ticket deals.
Cheap Flights to Frankfurt (FRA)
Top departure cities and airlines offering cheap airline tickets to Frankfurt.
For more information visit our Frankfurt