Bucharest Flights Guide
The Romanian capital city of 2 million people has lived a turbulent history that few other modern capitals can claim. Once known as the “Little Paris”, the communist era brought on major urban planning that saw the destruction of much that gave credence to that nickname. Instead, large concrete blocks came up on the flanks of huge avenues. But Bucharest retains an old world charm that is unique and worth experiencing.
In Bucharest’s old center, remnants of the city’s past remain. There are buildings from the mid-19th century alongside new structures, creating a sharp contrast that is somehow appealing. There are several old churches, including the impressive decoration and architectural prowess of the Stavropoleos Church, and there are the ruins of a medieval court that was run by the Wallachian princes. After visiting the old quarter, it’s almost a shock to the system to behold the Parliament, which is the second largest building on the planet. Sometimes light shows are displayed on its behemoth face. To come back down to Earth, the Museum of the Romanian Peasant is unique and offers a grounding effect.
Bucharest has the country’s main international airport, which is served by dozens of airlines such as British Airways, EasyJet, Air France, Lufthansa, KLM, Austrian Airlines, Blue Air and more.
Flights to Bucharest
Historical Rates - A Guide Only.
Bucharest Travel Facts
- Bucharest, Romania connects to 91 airports worldwide.
- The shortest flight from Bucharest is 129 miles to Sibiu on Alitalia.
- The longest flight from Bucharest is 2104 miles to Dubai on Tarom.
- Tarom fly to 38 destinations including Warsaw from Bucharest.
- Alitalia fly to 11 destinations including Tirgu Mures from Bucharest.
- Air France fly to 5 destinations including Paris from Bucharest.
- Australia: Flights to Bucharest
Bucharest Airlines & Flight Schedules
- Tarom fly from Bucharest to Amman and 38 other cities including Warsaw.
- Alitalia fly from Bucharest to Baia Mare and 11 other cities including Tirgu Mures.
- Air France fly from Bucharest to Frankfurt and 5 other cities including Paris.
- Lufthansa fly from Bucharest to Duesseldorf and 3 other cities including Munich.
Popular Destinations Nearby
Bucharest to International Cities
Cheap Flights from Bucharest (BUH)
Save on cheap flights from Bucharest. See below sample of Bucharest airfares and airline ticket deals.
Cheap Flights to Bucharest (BUH)
Top departure cities and airlines offering cheap airline tickets to Bucharest.