Bucharest Otopeni Flights Guide
Nestled on the banks of the Dambovita River, Bucharest is the largest city in the country of Romania and also the capital city, and the industrial, financial and cultural hub as well. Bucharest first became the capital city of Romania in 1862, and since then has been the center for Romanian media, art and culture; its stunning architecture (featured in many buildings such as the Palace of the Parliament and the Triumphal Arc) is a blend of Neo-Classical, Art Deco, Bauhaus-style, modern and also Communist-era styles. This ancient city offers many museums, art galleries, parks, fine dining and shopping venues for every taste and fancy.
Top attractions in Bucharest include: the Romanian Athenaeum, which is a stunning building that houses shows like the Romanian opera, symphony, plays and more. Also on the must-see list of top attractions are Stavropoleos Church, an early 18th-century church that is one of the city’s oldest and most architecturally beautiful; also, make a visit to Herastrau Park to take a stroll or simply sit and relax; the Village Museum (known locally as Muzeul Satului) features over 300 buildings that showcase the country’s rural architecture; and be sure to visit the Lipscani neighborhood of Bucharest, also known as the historical center of the city, and features early buildings that were once hotels, banks, and residences of upper-class Romanian families.
Bucharest has plenty of great restaurants and shopping venues to choose from as well. For a hearty brunch, try out the Restaurant Hotel Christina for a fusion of French, Italian, Romanian, Chinese and Vietnamese cuisine. For a steakhouse dinner, opt for Vacamuuu and order a nice steak; other excellent options include The London Street Bistro, Cantina Verde, and try the Beros & van Schaik Wine Traders in the Lipscani neighborhood.
As for shopping options in the city, there are several excellent malls including the Bucharest Mall (the largest in the city), Thomas Antiques on Covaci Street in Lipscani, and the Plaza Romania which offers many different shops for tourists.
Getting around Bucharest is fairly easy, as there are several modes of transportation available in the city. Bucharest has public transport systems including the Bucharest Metro, a surface transport service (like buses, trams, light rail and trolleybuses) and two international airports: Henri Coanda International Airport and the Aurel Vlaicu International Airport.
Flights to Bucharest Otopeni
Historical Rates - A Guide Only.
Bucharest Otopeni Travel Facts
- Bucharest Otopeni, Romania connects to 91 airports worldwide.
- The shortest flight from Bucharest Otopeni is 129 miles to Sibiu on Alitalia.
- The longest flight from Bucharest Otopeni is 2104 miles to Dubai on Tarom.
- Tarom fly to 38 destinations including Warsaw from Bucharest Otopeni.
- Alitalia fly to 11 destinations including Tirgu Mures from Bucharest Otopeni.
- Air France fly to 5 destinations including Paris from Bucharest Otopeni.
- Australia: Flights to Bucharest Otopeni
Bucharest Otopeni Airlines & Flight Schedules
- Tarom fly from Bucharest Otopeni to Amman and 38 other cities including Warsaw.
- Alitalia fly from Bucharest Otopeni to Baia Mare and 11 other cities including Tirgu Mures.
- Air France fly from Bucharest Otopeni to Frankfurt and 5 other cities including Paris.
- Lufthansa fly from Bucharest Otopeni to Duesseldorf and 3 other cities including Munich.
Popular Destinations Nearby
Bucharest Otopeni to International Cities
Cheap Flights from Bucharest Otopeni (OTP)
Save on cheap flights from Bucharest Otopeni. See below sample of Bucharest Otopeni airfares and airline ticket deals.
Cheap Flights to Bucharest Otopeni (OTP)
Top departure cities and airlines offering cheap airline tickets to Bucharest Otopeni.