Bergen Flights Guide
The city has a history that is based on the maritime grandeur of a country that today boats one of the highest GDPs in the world. Bergen is second in Norway only to Oslo in size, but it has just as many gorgeous structures and parks.
Bryggen is the old harbor where the city staked its claim on the sea and began a reputation of maritime prowess. Today the harbor is a dedicated UNESCO World Heritage Site. The transmutation of the maritime industry is best observed at the local Bergen fish market. Also, at the right time, one can visit the Statsreed Lehmkuhl sailing ship, which is today one of the country’s symbols of maritime mastership. As for the city itself, to best observe the colorful buildings from a height, the Floibanen tram climbs a mountain nearby. The best site in the city is the Bergenhus Fortress, which is kept in immaculate condition. Back in Bryggen, one should make time for the Hanseatic Museum and Schotstuene, which describe the life of sea merchants in the 18th century. Dozens of churches and historic buildings can be found in and around the city, but one should know that it is also the main jumping-off point for exploring Norway’s beautiful northern fjords, and the surrounding natural geography offers superb hiking opportunities.
Bergen Airport is served by dozens of carriers. Norwegian Air Shuttle and Scandinavian Airlines are the main airlines. Others include Wideroe, Thomas Cook, British Airways, EasyJet, Flybe and Air Europe.
Flights to Bergen
Historical Rates - A Guide Only.
Bergen Travel Facts
- Bergen, Norway connects to 44 airports worldwide.
- The shortest flight from Bergen is 65 miles to Haugesund on Widerøe.
- The longest flight from Bergen is 2430 miles to Gran Canaria on Norwegian Air Shuttle.
- Norwegian Air Shuttle fly to 11 destinations including Trondheim from Bergen.
- Widerøe fly to 11 destinations including Stavanger from Bergen.
- Scandinavian Airlines System fly to 10 destinations including Trondheim from Bergen.
- Australia: Flights to Bergen
Bergen Airlines & Flight Schedules
- Norwegian Air Shuttle fly from Bergen to Alesund and 11 other cities including Trondheim.
- Widerøe fly from Bergen to Aberdeen and 11 other cities including Stavanger.
- Scandinavian Airlines System fly from Bergen to Aberdeen and 10 other cities including Trondheim.
Popular Destinations Nearby
Bergen to International Cities
Cheap Flights from Bergen (BGO)
Save on cheap flights from Bergen. See below sample of Bergen airfares and airline ticket deals.
Cheap Flights to Bergen (BGO)
Top departure cities and airlines offering cheap airline tickets to Bergen.
For more information visit our Bergen