Bangalore Flights Guide
Bangalore is the capital city of Karnataka, a state in the country of India. With a 2011 estimated population of 8.5 million residents, Bangalore is the third most populated city in India and is also home to a plethora of ancient and modern attractions, landmarks, temples and much more to take in.
Bangalore is a growing, thriving metropolis with a rich past, giving it a unique air. Modern skyscrapers sit next to ancient temples, and old and new traditions meld together. Visitors to Bangalore should check out these major attractions: the Surayanarayana Temple (built in 1995 and dedicated to the Sun God); the Dodda Ganapathi is another of Bangaloreís temples that visitors flock to for its beauty and religious connotations. Also be sure to visit the Visvesvaraya Industrial & Technological Museum that is popular with children, and take a tour of the stunning National Gallery of Modern Art; this museum offers great art collections, a serene atmosphere and even beautiful gardens.
Other places that are a must-see for tourists include the Shivasamudram Falls (a beautiful waterfall where residents go to walk, hike and picnic), the lovely Lalbagh Botanical Garden (which features over 1,000 different species of plants on 240-acres), or make sure to take in the Neo-Dravidian style architecture of the Vidhana Soudha and Attara Kacheri (they house the seat of the state legislature and the Attara houses the High Court).
For an authentic Indian dining experience, Bangalore has a plethora of restaurants to choose from. Rim Naam restaurant is located in the luxurious Oberoi Hotel & Resort, and offers diners a true gastronomic experience. Or, make reservations for dinner at Paul Hotelís Vembanad, an upscale eatery with a menu offering authentic Kerala as well as coastal cuisine.
Bangalore also has great shopping venues, including the Gopalan Innovation Mall is a sprawling shopping complex that offers five floors of retail shops; another large mall is the Garuda Mall, the first mall in Bangalore and the third one in India. Also check out The Forum, completed in 2004 it has over 625,000 square feet with restaurants, boutiques and upscale retailers.
Getting around Bangalore is fairly easy; the city has a rapid transit system called Namma Metro as well as a railway system, public transport like buses, rickshaws and the KempeGowda International Airport for air travel.
Go to the Bangalore Travel Guide
Flights to Bangalore
Historical Rates - A Guide Only.
Bangalore Travel Facts
- Bangalore, India connects to 91 airports worldwide.
- The shortest flight from Bangalore is 139 miles to Coimbatore on Kingfisher Airlines.
- The longest flight from Bangalore is 5000 miles to London on British Airways.
- Jet Airways fly to 14 destinations including Trivandrum from Bangalore.
- Kingfisher Airlines fly to 14 destinations including Vijayawada from Bangalore.
- Air India Limited fly to 10 destinations including Trivandrum from Bangalore.
- Australia: Flights to Bangalore
Bangalore Airlines & Flight Schedules
- Kingfisher Airlines fly from Bangalore to Calicut and 14 other cities including Vijayawada.
- Jet Airways fly from Bangalore to Ahmedabad and 14 other cities including Trivandrum.
- IndiGo Airlines fly from Bangalore to Ahmedabad and 10 other cities including Trivandrum.
- Air India Limited fly from Bangalore to Calcutta and 10 other cities including Trivandrum.
- Air Sahara fly from Bangalore to Ahmedabad and 8 other cities including Trivandrum.
Popular Destinations Nearby
Bangalore to International Cities
Cheap Flights from Bangalore (BLR)
Save on cheap flights from Bangalore. See below sample of Bangalore airfares and airline ticket deals.
Cheap Flights to Bangalore (BLR)
Top departure cities and airlines offering cheap airline tickets to Bangalore.