Antigua Flights Guide
The islands of Antigua and Barbuda comprise the Caribbean country that today is part of the British Commonwealth. Antigua is the larger island. As is common in the Caribbean, this nation was first inhabited by the Caribs, then the Spanish, the French and finally the British. They had to deal with pirates, and eventually slaves were brought to work the sugarcane fields. Today, Antigua is a top tourist destination in the region.
Many other islands have commercialized to a great extent through their industries, but Antigua has not. Its economy is based on tourism. Visitors will arrive to Saint Johnís, the main city and only substantial urban center on the island. Falmouth is a small town that one can visit. Nearby Monks Hill is home to a British fort that has survived through the 19th century. English Harbor is the other small town on the island, not far from Saint Johnís. Its main attraction is Nelsonís Dockyard, a port from Georgian times that is utterly well-kept. It regularly hosts yachts of the rich and famous, and a few historic ships are moored. When the mood strikes, one can rent hobbies and sailing dinghies to explore the harbor. Scuba diving is a big draw, as are the tranquil beaches and inland trails. With so many tourists coming in at high season, the nightlife matches expectations.
V.C. Bird International Airport is the main arrival point for travelers to Antigua. LIAT provides most inter-island jump flights. Virgin Atlantic, Condor, Thomas Cook Airlines, WestJet, United, Delta Air Canada and British Airways are among a few other carriers with service here.
Flights to Antigua
Historical Rates - A Guide Only.
Antigua Travel Facts
- Antigua, Antigua and Barbuda connects to 32 airports worldwide.
- The shortest flight from Antigua is 36 miles to Geralds on Sibaviatrans.
- The longest flight from Antigua is 4070 miles to London on British Airways.
- Leeward Islands Air Transport fly to 11 destinations including The Valley from Antigua.
- British Airways fly to 4 destinations including San Juan from Antigua.
- American Airlines fly to 3 destinations including San Juan from Antigua.
- Australia: Flights to Antigua (Saint John's)
Antigua Airlines & Flight Schedules
- Leeward Islands Air Transport fly from Antigua to Basse Terre and 11 other cities including The Valley.
- British Airways fly from Antigua to Basse Terre and 4 other cities including San Juan.
- American Airlines fly from Antigua to Miami and 3 other cities including San Juan.
Popular Destinations Nearby
Antigua to International Cities
Cheap Flights from Antigua (ANU)
Save on cheap flights from Antigua. See below sample of Antigua airfares and airline ticket deals.
Cheap Flights to Antigua (ANU)
Top departure cities and airlines offering cheap airline tickets to Antigua.