Flights & Travel Guide
< Flights to Sacramento
> Tell us about your trip to Sacramento -
Add Review or Comments
Why fly to Sacramento?
Take a flight to the capital of California anytime of year and you will not be disappointed. The city is infamous for its Gold Rush days and you can still find a gold-panning adventure if you so choose but Sacramento today is a truly modern and vibrant city.
The American River plays a big part in life in the city. Residents and tourists alike descent on the waters for weekend fishing and camping trips that are guaranteed to make for a delicious night by the fire.
The city has a great dining scene and the vegetarian dishes you will find in this city will make you think twice about your carnivore lifestyle. The fusion vegetarian food however is not your only choice when dining in the city, Sacramento also has some great international cuisine. Whether its Japanese or Mexican, the Sacramento style will leave your tastebuds happy and you wanting for just a little more
Weather in Sacramento is warm and lovely throughout the year. The summers are hot and temperatures hover between the high 20s and low 30s. The winters are cool but never extremely cold so light jacket weather is a rule you can stick with. Rainfall and thunderstorms are limited to the winter months.
When to fly to Sacramento
Summer is a popular time to visit Sacramento since schools are on holiday and families can take the time for a trip. Prices in the summer are fairly high but if you book early enough you may be able to snag a deal for late June.
January through March is not a particularly popular time to visit the city so that means flight ticket prices drop. Booking your flight during this time of year makes you a savvy traveller since the temperatures are not too cool, especially if winters in your city mean snow and zero temperatures.
Getting into Sacramento
Your gateway into Sacramento will have you landing just 15 minutes outside of the city. Once you arrive at Sacramento International Airport you can take either an airport shuttle or bus to get into the city. Taxi service is also available outside of the arrivals terminal.
Getting around Sacramento
Sacramento has a well established public bus service that can get you to most places within the city center as well as some on the outskirts. The light rail system is also an option but check out the map ahead of time to see if your destination is on the line. Alternatively, you can hail a taxi or rent a bike and explore the outdoors.
- If you are travelling to the city during the summer than the Sacramento
- California Fair is at your service. Sure you can partake in the midway
- rides and take part in the various cultural exhibitions but do not
- forget to try out some of the fun food stalls which serve up delicacies
- like chocolate bacon.
- Head to the Sacramento Zoo for a wonderful day
- of interacting with exotic animals and learning about habitats,
- especially great for children. An amusement park is close by so you can
- easily make a day of it.
- Become outdoorsy and go fishing in the
- American River. It's a great way to get to know the natural side of
- Sacramento and live like at least for a day like the locals do
- Visit Old Sacramento and soak up history with a ride on a paddle steamer.
- There are many historical buildings in the area and the shops and
- restaurants have the feel of the old west.
- Compare flights to Sacramento from Australia on AirfaresFlights.com.au.
Sacramento Airport More information at