Flights & Travel Guide
< Flights to Phuket
> Tell us about your trip to Phuket -
Add Review or Comments
Why fly to Phuket?
For gorgeous beaches and delicious food, Phuket is the place to be. On your descent into the city you will see the gorgeous licks of bright blue wave making tiny indents into the sand and turning it from a perfect soft sandcastle hue to a deep chocolate brown.
Thailand's largest island is a buzzing hub of activity and the people oh so very friendly. The Spanish influence in the city is evident from street architecture left from the days of colonized Phuket.
The city is a popular resort destination with miles of island sprinkled with all-inclusive resorts. From laying on the beach to watersports and adventure, the resorts offer a wonderful getaway in the busy Southasian region. The Putang beach area is home to not only swimming and bronzing but also to the city's modern restaurant, bars and hopping nightlife.
Although Phuket has sourced its living from tin and rubber it is also home to cashew farms and the city produces some of the most buttery nuts ever. These nuts are used in traditional cuisine like Gai Med Ma Moung, which is essentially chicken in a honey-garlic cashew sauce. This is one of the most delectable dishes you will try in Phuket.
While on the food note, Thai food is delicious and try as much of the authentic stuff as you can, even if you've had pad thai or green curry at home - the taste experience in Phuket will exceed your expectations and turn you into a Thai food snob once you get back home.
A visit to Phuket means you will find ultimate relaxation, ultimate food and ultimate fun that will revitalize you until your next visit.
Phuket weather is hot, super hot and hot. The city has a tropical and also monsoon climate so this means temperatures on average are in the high 20s but hit the 30s often. Heavy rains also make their entrance to the city beginning in the early summer and last well into October.
When to fly to Phuket
The early spring is a popular time to travel to Phuket which means flight prices are at an all time high. Mid-December holidays are also popular in the city and flight deals are put on the shelf until the following year.
The supreme heat of August coupled with the rains appears to turn off most tourists, however if you're into extremes and want to spend a holiday cooling down seaside then this is a good time snatch some flight ticket deals.
Getting into Phuket
Your gateway to the lovely city of Phuket is at the Phuket International Airport which is located approximately 45 minutes outside of the city center. From the airport you can take the bus, shuttle or grab a taxi outside ther terminal.
Getting around Phuket
If you are headed to one of the many holiday resorts than travelling is not a concern and day trips will be arranged by your hotel. However if you want to go beach-hopping you can board the tuk-tuks or grab a taxi.
- If you are travelling to Phuket during the winter you may catch a rare glimpse of an endangered species that makes its home in Phuket. The leatherback turtle is a beautiful creature and if you look hard enough the thoughtful eyes almost appear as though they sport spectacles. For a chance of spotting the intelligent creatures visit Had Nai Yang National Park where you will be enveloped into the calm of nature.
- If you are travelling with children the Phuket Zoo is a great destination. A visit will provide some educational information during the holidays and also a chance to see beautiful creatures like elephants and crocodiles.
- For a truly awesome site head to the Muang Phuket mountainside. Here you will see the Big Buddha of Phuket. It is an amazing marbled piece of ancient art located on a mountain peak. Something you have to see to believe.
- For a taste of Thai history head to the Thailand National Museum. The venue has numerous articles of historical significance unique to the Thai people. Due to the city and country's multi-ethnic population one of the most important pieces is the ancient statue, circa the 9th century, of Vishnu, a Hindu diety.
- Compare flights to Phuket from Australia on AirfaresFlights.com.au.
Phuket Tourism More information at
Phuket Airport More information at
Top Sources of Information for your Trip: