Flights & Travel Guide
< Flights to Orlando
> Tell us about your trip to Orlando -
Add Review or Comments
Why fly to Orlando?
If you think of Orlando a picture of a castle instantly flashes into mind, the Disney castle of course. The city has become synonymous with Walt Disney World although it has plenty of other things to offer. The city is also home to more than 170 golf courses, some of the most beautifully layed out in the world.
Maybe you've never thought of Orlando as a spa destination, well let's change that. Gorgeous spa resorts have popped up all over the city with some of the world's designer spa brands also being lured into the rush including the ultra-luxe Waldorf Astoria Spa.
You can also enjoy golfing and spa relaxation in Disney World, which truly is the land of all possibilities for children and adults alike. The theme park includes Epcot Center, Animal Kingdom and also a fantastic world cultures zone that lets you travel through sight and sound to all corners of the globe. Besides Disney World, visitors should also check out Universal Studios which really gives your imagination a tug through its interactive staging of Hollywood blockbusters that pull you onto the sets of your favourite flicks.
Temperatures in Orlando are hot throughout the year, which means Disney time can be any time throughout the year. The summer months are particularly hot and temperatures are in the 30s. From December through to February the city experiences a cool down into the mid teens so light jackets are handy to have. The spring and fall months are in the comfortable low 20s and perfect for heading out for a round of golf.
When to fly to Orlando
Summer holidays are a very busy time in Orlando as parents grant wishes and take their kids for a Disney World family vacation. March is also a fairly busy time as this is spring break for children in many countries. Although Disney World during Christmas doesn't receive quite the same numbers as the summer holidays, it is still a pretty busy flying time of year.
The perfect time to purchase flight tickets to Orland is for the first two months of the year or as early in June as possible. You should also be able to get a hold of special deals in October.
Getting into Orlando
Orlando International Airport is a happy place with thousands of visitors flying in for the trip of their dreams at Disney World and of course all of the rest that Orlando has to offer. The airport is about 10 minutes outside of city center. People heading to Disney World will have a complimentary shuttle while others can use bus transport or taxi service.
Daytona Beach International Airport, Tampa International Airport and Orlando Sanford International Airport are also landing options, however they are not as convenient as Orlando International Airport.
Getting around Orlando
Orlando has some good transportation options to get to many of the city's tourist destinations. Shuttle services make rounds of many hotels and the public transit system is also an option. Taxis are available throughout the city. Of course if you are staying at Disney World, then Disney has all of the transportation you need to get to wherever you want to go in the little city.
- If three days at Disney World has been enough for you and your family, consider heading out of the city to the Kennedy Space Center. It is a great educational tour for children as well as adults.
- Head to Wet N' Wild Waterpark for a day of swimming and tubular sliding, it will also give you a chance to relax and rest your feet from all of the walking you have been doing at the various parks.
- Head to one of the beaches outside of Orlando like Crystal Beach, which is wonderful and calm outside of the summer months. And if you go during the summer months you will still be able to find some space to lay out your towel and get some Florida sun
- Get out of the tourist head space and head to one of the local markets in the city. People in Orlando are extremely friendly despite the fact that they are bombarded with tourists (often without a clue of where their going) throughout the year. Have a coffee and a chat and get to learn what it's like to live in a city that people dream of around the world.
- Compare flights to Orlando from Australia on AirfaresFlights.com.au.
City of Orlando More information at
Orlando Tourism More information at
Orlando Airport More information at
Top Sources of Information for your Trip: