Flights & Travel Guide
< Flights to Nassau
> Tell us about your trip to Nassau -
Add Review or Comments
Why fly to Nassau?
Nassau is the stuff of pirate legends and astounding beauty. The city is the capital of the Bahamas and sits on New Providence Island. Settlement in the city began some time in the 18th century after it became a haven for English pirates as the story goes.
Although a story about pirates, islands and treasure seem to be something of childhood tales and Disney movies, the story's of this island are very real. The escapades of female pirate Anne Bonney, her husband and crew have become so weaved into the culture of Nassau that there is a Pirates of Nassau Museum dedicated to recognizing the city's unique beginnings.
Today, Nassau is an island paradise offering vacationers luxury and pampering in its beautiful resorts and hotels. The spas in the city provide ultimate relaxation with muscle-melting massages and beauty treatments that leave your skin supple and beach ready.
Cable Beach is home to soft gold sand and aqua water. This is also where the bulk of the hotels and resorts are located as well as waterparks. Along the beach are also great dining options sitting alongside the Crystal Palace Casino.
The city is also home to some interesting adventure like diving with sharks and swimming with dolphins. All adventures are guided by trained staff and provide you a heart-racing thrill in safety.
The weather in Nassau is beautiful all year long with temperatures rarely falling below 20 degrees. The winter months are closer to the 20s while in the summer the numbers can climb slightly above 30. The city does have a tropical wet climate which means significant rainfall from June to October.
When to fly to Nassau
Nassau is located just off the Florida coast which makes it very convenient for American citizens to travel to, even if for just a weekend. This also means tickets to the island are very popular at all times of the year. December through January are particularly popular months. It is also a popular destination for visitors from further away so the summer holiday months don't feature a significant drop in prices despite the rain.
A good time to snap up flight deals is between February and April which aren't very popular times to travel to the island. There are also some good deals to be had in September.
Getting into Nassau
Lynden Pindling International Airport is located just 10 minutes outside of the city center in the western part of New Providence Island. Tour bus companies provide pick up from the airport and taxis are available outside the terminal.
Getting around Nassau
Getting around the islands and hopping between islands is very easy. On Nassau you can use the public buses or hire a taxi. Ferries, and water taxis are available to get in between islands.
- For a chance to swim with dolphins arrange a trip to Blue Lagoon Island. There you will learn about these gentle creatures before you actually get close and personal.
- Take a trip to the neighboring Exumas islands for a nice getaway where you quite possibly may find a huge stretch of beach all to yourself. Several operators will take you out on speedboats, which is a fun adventure in itself.
- Head to Paradise Island and the Atlantis Resort and Casino. Think of Las Vegas meets the Bahamas and you have the resort. Play a few slots and then head to one of the many bars or restaurants for a lovely, electric evening.
- For lovingly-prepared seafood that is enjoyed by both locals and visitors alike, head to Arawak Cay where you will find a string of seafood restaurants
- Compare flights to Nassau from Australia on AirfaresFlights.com.au.
Tourism Nassau More information at
Lynden Pindling International Airport More information at