Flights & Travel Guide
< Flights to Jeddah
> Tell us about your trip to Jeddah -
Add Review or Comments
Why fly to Jeddah?
If you want to jet ski, go diving and explore coral reefs or ride fast on high-speed boats, Jeddah is your city. Jeddah is located off the coast of the Red Sea in Saudi Arabia and is Saudi Arabia's second largest city.
The city may be a bit of a mystery to many people as it was closed off to the world as was the country for a very long time, but of late there has been developing efforts in welcoming tourists from around the world to showcase what the desert city has to offer.
Jeddah is home to numerous new tourist venues including the Fakieh Aquarium and Aqua Park which hosts a seafood restaurant and arcade. There are also numerous western style malls including the Al Salaam Mall and Oceanica Redsea Mall with both offer children's play areas, giving locals a chance to escape the heat and relax indoors.
The old city of Jeddah, however maintains its historic charm and buildings have been preserved and allow visitors to take a step back in time. Several museums and galleries including Naseef House in Souq al-Alawi as well as the Jeddah Regional Museum of Archaeology and Ethnography provide more of a detailed glimpse into the city and region's history.
The cuisine in the city is a delicious trip in itself like the traditional Kabsa meat and rice dish, which is always fragrant and beautifully spiced. Other popular dishes in the city ring of not only Jeddah and Saudi Arabia but of the Mediterranean and Middle East like hummus and foul as well kebabs and doner. Limit your Western food consumption so you can give these a try.
Jeddah is also one of the gateways to Mecca, a holy city in the Islamic faith, which means the cities welcomes millions of pilgrims from around the world every year and in doing so has well-developed infrastructure.
The weather in Jeddah is very hot and although temperatures may drop a few numbers in the evening, it is still quite warm in the city. Hot summer temperatures can hit as high as 45, while winter months may drop to high teens. The city does experience sandstorms and although rain is infrequent, heavy rains brought the city to a standstill in 2010.
When to fly to Jeddah
Jeddah is the gateway to Mecca and Medina, which are the two most important sites for believers of Islam, which means religious holidays are an extremely busy time in the city. The Ramadan and Eid holidays change annually so check before you book during this time. Flight prices will be high.
The major religious pilgrimage season finishes up in October and that means you can score some good flight deals and arrive in the city during cooler temperatures. The first three months of the new year are also a good time to score tickets.
Getting into Jeddah
Flying into Jeddah is truly an amazing sight with its wide desert lands and gorgeous blue water. Travelers will land in King Abdulaziz Airport which is about 20 minutes north of the city proper. A car prearranged by your hotel or resort will get you into the city.
Getting around Jeddah
Tourists to Jeddah will generally have transportation arranged for them by their hotel or hire a car themselves.
- For ultra luxurious shopping head to Tahaliyah Street to grab up designer labels like Burberry, Gucci and Fendi. Beyond the fancy international labels, this is also where you will find some things you may crave when away from home, like real pizza.
- For a great concept restaurant head to The Globe, this eating establishment has numerous rooms, each room is beautifully decorated in its own theme like the European room for example. The food here is loved by both locals and foreigners alike.
- For a horse ride in the desert, head to one of the cities many equestrian clubs like Al Jazira and Almtabghani Farm.
- King Fahd's Fountain is an amazing sight at night. The water literally appears to reach high into the stars. Remember to set an evening aside for this wonderful sight.
- Compare flights to Jeddah from Australia on AirfaresFlights.com.au.
Jeddah Tourism More information at
King Abdulaziz Airport More information at