Flights & Travel Guide
< Flights to Gold Coast
> Tell us about your trip to Gold Coast -
Add Review or Comments
Why fly to Gold Coast?
It is a surfer's paradise and a theme park playground and if that doesn't peak your interest than how about endless sunshine year round.
The Gold Coast is sandwiched between the Atlantic Ocean and the Gread Dividing Range. The city, true to its name, has miles of beautiful soft golden sand lining its coast and more than 20 large beaches, each one with its own personality. Burleigh Heads is popular if you love surfing or want to check out one of the surf competitions that are held throughout the year. For a barbeque picnic on the beach head to Miami Beach and for a quiet family-friendly area, head to Nobby Beach.
Move inland from the beaches and you will be treated to beautiful parkland. The city has numerous national parks as well as smaller parks so a woodsy walk, nature bike ride or a moring hike or just all minutes away from wherever you are.
Moving from the natural playland to indoor playlands, there numerous theme parks in the city for for kids and those young at heart. Parks include the Outback Spectacular, Warner Bros. Movie World, Whitewater World and many more.
For a stunning view of Gold Coast and a chance to check out the state's tallest tower head to the Q1 building. Head up to the 77th floor and at 230 meters up, take in a sweeping view of the city. At one point it was the tallest residential tower in the world but lost that title to a Dubai building. Today when measure all the way to the top, including the spire, e it is the tallest in the country.
And finally, for shopping and entertainment head to Cavill Avenue in the Surfer's Paradise suburb. Here you will find the Cavill Mall, and a host of restaurants, pubs and clubs.
Gold Coast offers a wonderful traveling experience, offering the best of lazy beach lounging, the best of high-flying surfing and the best of nature and weaved throughout all of this outdoor wonder is the most modern of cities, making your experience a most comfortable and relaxing
Gold Coast Weather
Gold Coast weather is gorgeous and tropical and with that, fairly wet in the summer. Temperatures throughout the year are in the mid 20s on average. The summer months from Deceber to February can hit temperatures in the low 30s and this is also when buckets of rain fall upon the city. Numbers in the winter months are in the low 20s, there may be occasional showers but for the most part the rain stays away and the sun is out in all its Gold Coast glory.
When to fly to Gold Coast
Winter is a popular time to visit the city as the weather is warm and the city is relatively dry compared to the summer months. Gold Coast's popularity during the winter months of July and August means flight ticket prices are fairly high at this time.
The long spurts of rainy weather during the summer months tends to keep tourists away during the summer months. This means there are flight ticket deals to be had in January and February and enjoy the indoor attractions on the rainy days or pull on the rain hat and galoshes and head for a lovely walk on the coast - it's only a little rain.
Getting into Gold Coast
Your gateway into Gold Coast will have you land at Gold Coast Airport, which is located approximately half an hour outside of the city center. There are several options for getting from the airport into the city including a shuttle service that will get you to some of the top tourist areas. Public bus service is also available into the center or you can take a bus to the train station for a faster trip into town. Alternatively, taxis are also an option.
Getting around Gold Coast
There are are a number of ways to get around Gold Coast including public bus, rail, monorail and ferry. Car use in the city is high as the city is spread out, but if you are sticking to the center you should be able to get around using the public transport options. Taxis are also an option.
- There are are a number of ways to get around Gold Coast including public bus, rail, monorail and ferry. Car use in the city is high as the city is spread out, but if you are sticking to the center you should be able to get around using the public transport options. Taxis are also an option.
- Insider Guide
- Go shopping at one of the several outdoor markets located throughout the city for some handmade goods as well as fresh fruits, vegetables and cheeses for a lovely beach picnic. Popular markets include Carrara Markets, Burleigh Market and Broadbeach Market.
- Mark your calendar, Gold Coast is scheduled to host the 2018 Commonwealth Games.
- Take the Gold Coast Hinterland Great Walk. It will take you three days to do it, but you will be one of the small number of people in the world that will have experienced some of the secrets of the Gold Coast Hinterland. From natural bridges to bird-spotting and gorgeous waterfalls and volcanic craters, it promises to be an adventure of a lifetime.
- If you are in the city during the winter months, head to Greenmount beach for a stroll along the coast and you might just catch a few whales swimming past on their annual migration. During the summer months, the beach is great for swimming and relaxing away from the larger, more busy beaches.
- Compare flights to Gold Coast from Australia on AirfaresFlights.com.au.
Gold Coast Tourism More information at
Gold Coast Airport More information at