Flights & Travel Guide
< Flights to Brisbane
> Tell us about your trip to Brisbane -
Add Review or Comments
Why fly to Brisbane?
Forget South Beach and head to South Bank in Brisbane. The city's soft man-made beach, delicious restaurants and an outdoorsy Aussie cool spirit is where you want to be for year round great weather and a down-to-earth vibe.
Brisbane sits on a river of the same name, it is the capital of Queensland and has evolved into the state's music and arts mecca of sorts. The city is home to the Queensland Symphony Orchestra, the Queensland Theater Company and the Queensland Gallery of Modern Art. Additionally, modern art spaces like Milani Gallery stoke political conversation with edgy art exhibits.
The city is known for its great live music scene from rock bands that started out here and have gone on to worldwide fame to lovely local jazz bars, a few of the favorites include the Brisbane Jazz Club, which has stunning views of the river and The Zoo where locals head to for some great music to ante up the night. The Brisbane Powerhouse has been the stage for both rock legends and amateurs, while still providing a free space for local groups.
For outdoor fun, let's start off with that man-made beach, which is really like a bit of a tropical getaway complete with palm trees in the middle of the city. Streets Beach has white, sandy beaches and a calm lagoon as well as picturesque creeks, all of which make for a great tropical afternoon. Now, getting to nature's work, there are numerous green areas dotted throughout Brisbane, the city's numerous parklands are great for biking and picnicking. For a vertical nature experience head to Mt. Coot-tha for a hike of magnificent proportions. Additionally, an afternoon of lazy fishing is also a great way to breathe in the fresh Aussie air and soak up some sun from down under.
The markets in the city range from early morning venues like the Rocklea Market where flower shop owners head for their pickings or Jan Power's Farmers Market for delicious home-baked delicacies among numerous other handmade goods.
The city's restaurants offer a wide range choices from roast duck to fresh crab and delicious dumplings to insanely delicious ice cream. Brisbane is a refreshing and relaxing break from all the big city hubbub while still in a big city, all you need to do is wind down and take it in.
Brisbane has year-round great weather. During the summer months from December through February the city is nice and toasty in the mid -20s. The winter months are also quite nice with temperatures in the low 20s.
When to fly to Brisbane
The summer months are prime time for travel to Brisbane. The city is hot and the beaches are full of happy bronze gods and goddesses. This makes flight tickets from December through to January quite expensive. The winter months are also quite busy as the city weather is quite nice, especially in comparison to the rest of Australia.
All though the weather in Brisbane is quite nice through the year, tourist numbers tend to dwindle in September and October especially, which makes those months a good time to travel to the city, and a good time to snag inexpensive flight tickets.
Getting into Brisbane
Your flight will land at the Brisbane Airport which is located just 15 minutes outside of the city center. You can use the airport shuttles, public bus or grab a taxi from the taxi stand located in front of the terminal.
Getting around Brisbane
The city has a great public transportation network that will get you wherever you want to go. The service includes an extensive bus service as well as rail and ferries. You can also rent a bike and ride through the pretty trails to get from one place to another.
- The city has a great public transportation network that will get you wherever you want to go. The service includes an extensive bus service as well as rail and ferries. You can also rent a bike and ride through the pretty trails to get from one place to another.
- Insider Guide
- For a flora trip around the world head to the Botanic Gardens. The gardens offer a great zen way to start the day and if you are travelling with children it's a great way to slip in some education while on vacation (shhh!).
- One of the loveliest creatures living in Brisbane is the koala, for a first hand look at the cutie-patooties head to The Lone Pine Sanctuary, which is located just half an hour outside of Brisbane. There you will find not only kissable koalas but also the maybe not-so-kissable lizards and wombats.
- Every city has THE street where a lot of the STUFF is, in Brisbane that would be Queen St. You can find great shopping and world cuisine streetside.
- For an overnight trip head to Stradbroke Island, it is where you want to be for freshwater fishing as well as surfing and swimming along the long stretch of beaches. This sand island also provides for sandboarding should you want to stick to land. Water taxis will get you to the island and you can either camp or stay at the resorts.
- Compare flights to Brisbane from Australia on AirfaresFlights.com.au.
City of Brisbane More information at
Top Sources of Information for your Trip:
Cheap Flights to Brisbane (BNE)
Historical prices for Brisbane flights.